The Orica assessment centre is very interactive and a chance for you to learn a lot more about us as we learn about you.
The assessment centre consists of different activities designed to offer a more "real-life” flavor to the selection process. It is a comprehensive evaluation approach that allows candidates an opportunity to demonstrate their skills in a number of different situations which helps us understand how you might operate in the work environment. You are asked to engage in various activities and exercises during which assessors will observe and rate your performance.
Assessment Centres include several elements:
- Assessments – designed to reveal your ability and potential. Assessors measure you against a set of competencies. Each exercise is designed to assess one or more of these areas.
- Interaction – meet with a variety of people including other candidates, the assessors, current graduates and wider staff.
- Information sessions – provide more detail about the organization and the roles available
- The Assessment Centre may be conducted on your university campus or at an Orica business location.
How can you prepare for the Assessment Centre?
There is not a specific way to prepare for the Assessment Centre. Your experiences to date will prepare you for the activities. That said, you can find out if your career service centre offers practice aptitude test sessions, case interviews or presentation skills workshops.
Tips on how you can be successful in the Assessment Centre:
- Participate, participate, participate - The assessment centre will give you a number of chances to show your strengths and meet their criteria
- Be yourself – it’s not a stage - you are not being assessed on what you know but on how you think
- Show us who you really are
- Relax and take your time - listen carefully to the instructions given to you at the start of the day and always read the information thoroughly
- Ask questions - you are being measured, not against other candidates, but against certain criteria
- Have fun!
Participating in the Assessment Centre gives you the opportunity to learn more about Orica and the position you’ve applied for. It also gives you an opportunity to find strength you may have not been aware you had.
Back to top