Orica Deer Park in Melbourne’s west has been used since circa 1875 for various forms of manufacturing and storage of chemicals.
Although the site is bounded by Ballarat Road, Station Street, Tilburn Road and the Western Ring Road, the current entry point for industrial operations is situated at Gate 6 of Tilburn Road. Operations include:
- a specialty chemicals facility producing products for mining services operations
- quarry services
- other chemical manufacture activities.
Orica’s vision for the future of the property moved closer to realisation with Brimbank City Council approval of a planning amendment (C128) to rezone 72 hectares (approximately half of the site) from industrial to commercial in February 2014.
The planning amendment approval followed a lengthy and formal consultation process. Gazettal of the planning amendment by the Victorian Government occurred on May 15, 2014.
Orica Deer Park could support a wide range of future activities including large format retail, appropriate manufacturing, light industrial, commercial and office use.