The Brownsburg site has been manufacturing, storing and dispatching explosive materials mostly associated with the mining industry for over 140 years.
In 1875 Daniel Smith started the production of black powder. Since this time the Brownsburg site has operated under several different companies which include CSF, CXL, CIL, CXA, ICI until 1998 when Orica Canada bought out ICI Canada.
- 1919: Manufacture of electric detonator starts under CSF
- 1928: Lead azide plant was started up
- 1974: Nonel non-electric dets manufacture
- 1989: Production of Excel Shocktube
- 2000: Non Electric Assembly Automation
- 2006: First EBS unit manufactured
- 2013: EBS Next Generation Production
- 2014: Ikon Extreme Production
- 2015: Wireless Blasting System Production