Orica is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of sodium cyanide to the mining industry, so we understand that there are many logistical and operational challenges associated with its delivery and usage.
The Orica-designed Sparge system is a safe, secure and efficient solution to many of these challenges.
Benefits of Sparge
Reduces risk to your cyanide delivery
- Safer transportation to the mine site with minimal loss of containment risk
- Increased security via GPS tracking
Improves safety and security on site
- Reduced exposure risk for workers through a closed and automated process
- Improved ergonomics with ground-level discharge
Improves operational efficiencies
- A quicker dissolution process for reduced manning, with the option for Orica to manage the process
- No waste packaging for disposal at mine site
Orica expertise and support
- Unparalleled experience and expertise in the design and project management of Sparge installations
- Broad knowledge of local conditions
- In-depth cyanide technical advice and awareness programs provided to personnel
- Annual site inspections and preventative maintenance program
- Local technical support, backed by remote access for faster solutions
- Highest quality standards, designed in accordance with ASME standards and independent certification by QA/QC.
Orica‘s sodium cyanide manufacturing base is in Yarwun, Queensland.
For safe and efficient delivery to international customers we also have transfer stations in Ghana and Peru, and we have more than 40 sparge installations at customer sites globally.
Our responsive global supply chain is proven throughout the world, while our training and technical specialists support the safe handling and effective use of sodium cyanide at customers' mine sites.
Our Sparge Systems
Our Sparge systems are custom-designed to meet the needs and requirements of each mine site, cost-effectively. That includes:
- Bulk Sparge for large-scale mining operations
- MiniSparge for smaller operations
- Liquid Sparge at other locations.