We plan to seek development approval for a warehouse development at Lot 9 of the Southlands property located at 28 McPherson St, Banksmeadow.
The plan is for a suspended concrete platform to support warehouse buildings and hardstand/car parking above an existing compensatory flood storage area. We do not plan to implement the development, that will be done by a prospective future purchaser. We aim to sell the land with the development approval in place.
• Request for Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements
• Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements
We have shared news of this proposal via the following communication channels and invite feedback or questions via our community hotline on 1800 025 138:
• OBLC meeting - November 2018
• Community newsletter - December 2018
• Correspondence with direct site neighbours – January 2019
Information about our earlier remediation and divestment activity at Southlands is available on this webpage.