We strive to ensure our workforce is engaged and knowledgeable and that our employees have the opportunities they need to perform at their best and achieve their goals.
We encourage diversity of thought through a culture of collaboration and our recruitment approaches. Meanwhile, we are investing in the things that matter to attract and retain a world-class workforce with the capabilities and motivation required to meet evolving technology and stakeholder needs and achieve our net zero ambition.
Please click here to see how sustainability-linked loans incentivise our sustainability performance.
Our focus areas for improving our employee experience and building our capabilities:
Prioritising a performance culture
- supporting and empowering our people to achieve their potential and fulfil their passion;
- a culture of empowerment and inclusive leadership; and
- a clearly defined employee value proposition.
Developing capabilities to drive our competitive advantage
- targeted leadership development programs that help management teams address key challenges;
- a refreshed learning strategy to improve our technical capability; and
- a global graduate program to strengthen the emerging talent pipeline and provide access to the critical skills needed to sustain our business.
Supporting our people and their careers
- enterprise and regional mentoring programs;
- talent assessments and building high performing teams; and
- accelerated pathways for early and emerging talent.
Improving our employee experience
- evolving and digitising our employee experience; and
- streamlining, standardising and improving employee self-service.
Fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture
We are proud to share our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Strategy. Our vision, through our DEI Strategy, is to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, safe and empowered.
The strategy has been shaped by our people for our people. It provides a global framework to build on both international and local efforts to continue to cultivate an inclusive and respectful environment that empowers our people to fulfill their potential and shape Orica’s future.
Orica’s approach to DEI is guided by our Charter values, with particular focus on Safety, Together and Respect. Through a structured approach of analysis and internal engagement, our DEI Strategy seeks to foster leader accountability and alignment across our business for the next three years.
The Strategy was created around three core pillars:
- Building an attractive talent brand;
- Creating an inclusive culture; and
- Increased leadership accountability.
As well as five key diversity focus areas:
- Gender representation
- Support and benefits for all life ages and stages
- First Nations representation
- LGBTIQA+ recognition
- Cultural and linguistic diversity